The riverside at Castlefields

The riverside at Castlefields

Sunday 29 January 2012

Beatles and hornets

Boy oh boy! I see the enthusiasm I expressed on this blog recently for the Bootleg Beatles has stirred up a hornets' nest. My younger brother Tony and my good friend Tim Quinn (both of whom I love dearly of course) hurled vitriol in my direction for supporting a (spit! spit! spit!) tribute band. (The Mysterons and Captain Black weren't too happy with me either, but then they are bent on the destruction of Planet Earth so perhaps I shouldn't take too much notice of their opinions on pop music).
Tony and Tim found common ground in (a) loathing the “bunch of Mike Yarwoods” who make up tribute bands, and (b) having to put up with the eccentric tastes of older brothers.
So I suppose I must apologise for (a) enjoying the Bootleg Beatles, and (b) being an older brother.
As recompense for any offence caused, I am posting the superb Show of Hands video which Mr Quinn sent me as an example of REAL MUSIC.
I'm often accused of being too easily pleased (and maybe I am) which might account for my enjoyment of the Bootleg Beatles. I don't analyse these things, guys. I just have a good time.
To eloquent ranters and oxymorons everywhere, Peace and Love.
Please follow this link to Show of Hands..........

No comments:

Post a Comment