The riverside at Castlefields

The riverside at Castlefields

Wednesday 21 July 2010

Severn Valley Railway Pub Crawl 2010



It's hard to explain really, but, frankly, the Severn Valley Railway Pub Crawl, which has been organised each summer for the past seven years by my younger brother Tony, is a joy.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's like stepping into an Ealing Comedy for the day.
Gorgeous steam locomotives, pints of beer, plates of chips, vintage railway carriages, pints of beer (have I said that already?), pretty-as-a-postcard station platforms, excellent company, outrageous discussions (politics, pop music, half-forgotten television shows), laughter, pints of beer, male bonding, and pints of beer.
The day ends with a pub meal and - well - several more pints of beer really.
This was my third time on the SVRPC so I'm really just an enthusiastic amateur compared with the others. But Tone must be congratulated for masterminding another day to remember.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.
    Kind regards,
    The Tall Controller.

    ReplyDelete